Kihon Happō is the most fundamental and important unarmed fighting techniques in the Bujinkan system.
On video Mats show the basic techniques. Each technique have two ura-waza and many henka. Included is for example Oni-kudaki, Muso-dori, Ō-gyaku and more as ura-waza techniques on this movie.
Please note that Mats added two techniques as ura-waza to each Kihon-happo technique, this is not common practice in the Bujinkan,.. yet?
The techniques in Kihon Happo is…
KOSSHI KIHON SANPŌ
- ICHIMONJI (+ two ura waza & henka)
- HICHŌ (+ two ura waza & henka)
- JŪMONJI (+ two ura waza & henka)
TORIDE KIHON GOHŌ
- OMOTE GYAKU DORI (+ two ura waza & henka)
- OMOTE GYAKU KEN SABAKI (+ two ura waza & henka)
- URA GYAKU DORI (+ two ura waza & henka)
- MUSHA DORI (+ two ura waza & henka)
- GANSEKI NAGE (+ two ura waza & henka)
The video is 100 minutes long. Instruction was in Swedish, but Mats added comments in English to each explanation in the video.
Who is Mats Hjelm
Mats Hjelm started training in Bujinkan for the first time around 1983, but it wasn’t until 1986 he had the opportunity to start training more seriously under a Shidôshi. He met Hatsumi Sôke for the first time in 1988. He attends around 20 seminars, go to Japan 2-3 times every year. Since he started training he never had a training break. He takes his budo training very seriously!
If you want to sponsor a seminar or course, please don’t hesitate to contact him. For more information see his web site http://www.kesshi.com